4 DAY SCREEN INTENSIVE. With Jane Sampson
Tues. 5th - Fri. 8th. Sept. 2017
10am - 4pm.
Course fee £295.00
This course is suitable for beginners and more advanced printmakers.
Great for teachers who want to learn new skills.
A chance to crack on and extend your screen printing skills on a four day intensive programme that will allow you to try out and learn many different techniques (both hand made and digitally enabled). Or simply to make some great prints without interruption. Numbers are kept very small so that you will have personal attention and full access to a screen printing bed so that you can progress as fast as possible. Basic materials like photo emulsion and inks are all provided. Good quality cartridge paper is available for experimentation. Paper for posh editions and speciality inks are for sale in our shop. Come and join us for a few delightful days of screenprinting joy.
Participants can expect to:
• Learn how to produce colourful interesting images from their own designs
• Experience many different, exciting stencil making techniques such as paper stencil, photographic stencils and hand painted stencils.
• Understand which stencil making techniques are suitable for different effects/textures/images
• Gain confidence in setting up the screen, using the squeegee and hands-on experience of the studio’s screen printing equipment
• Learn about the possibilities available through colour mixing, use of transparency and the overlaying of transparent or opaque layers.
• Learn how to register multiple colour layers to create your design.
Terms and conditions:
Bookings can be transferred or refunded only if we are given 10 days notice.
Very occasionally courses may be cancelled if the bookings are not enough
to pay the tutor.