Wednesday Evening Screenprinting
(six classes) 14th. Apr. - 19th. May 2021
6.30pm - 9.30 pm
This course is suitable for beginners and the more experienced who want to brush up on their skills, as well as those who want to use the workshop on an open access basis afterwards.
PLEASE NOTE: If you have a gift voucher and you want to use it to pay for the course it is essential that you contact the studio to confirm your place.
or call 01273 691496.
Individuals are encouraged to explore their own ideas for creating images, making use of various approaches available such as paper stencil, digital print-outs, cut black paper and hand drawn stencils. It is possible to work with photographic imagery, hard edged graphic designs, painted marks, drawn marks, scanned drawings, and more.
The tutor advises on methods most suitable for individual work. During the course the experience gained will lead students to explore their own preferred methods for creating images in screenprinting.
Students are clearly guided step-by-step in how to use the facilities in the workshop at Ink Spot Press. The majority of studio time is spent preparing stencils and working hands-on creating prints with specialist equipment. During the course it will be possible to create a number of different printed images. The tutor will tailor learning opportunities to each individuals interests within this diverse and versatile printmaking medium
Participants can expect to:
• Learn how to produce colourful interesting images from their own designs
• Experience many different, stencil making techniques such as paper stencil, photographic stencils and hand painted stencils.
• Understanding which stencil making techniques are suitable for different effects/textures/images
• Gain confidence in setting up the screen, using the squeegee and hands-on experience of the studio’s screen printing equipment
• Learn about the possibilities available through colour mixing, use of transparency and the overlaying of transparent or opaque layers.
• Learn how to register multiple colour layers to create your design.
All basic materials are included (inks etc.) in the course fee, except for large (over A3) digital printouts and fancy paper.
The course also prepares you to use the workshop afterwards on an open access basis.
We will be taking precautions to safeguard our customers and have made a few changes to help this happen:
• Classes are limited to 4 people.
• Tools and surfaces will be sanitised before and after use and each person will be
designated their own tools to use while they are in the workshop.
• Appropriate PPE, hand sanitiser, viral spray, hand wash etc. will be available for use
in the workshop.
• People should bring their own aprons/overalls, cups, snacks and lunch.
• If you have covid symptoms you should not attend and let us know.
All courses may be subject to change or cancellation according to government guidelines. Full refunds or transfers given should this be necessary.