An exciting introduction to screenprinting's wonderful artistic possibilities.
Wednesday Evening Screenprinting
(six classes) 30th. Sept. - 4th. Oct. 2020
6.30pm - 9.30 pm
This course is suitable for beginners and the more experienced who want to brush up on their skills, as well as those who want to use the workshop on an open access basis afterwards.
Individuals are encouraged to explore their own ideas for creating images, making use of various approaches available such as paper stencil, digital print-outs, cut black paper and hand drawn stencils. It is possible to work with photographic imagery, hard edged graphic designs, painted marks, drawn marks, scanned drawings, and more.
The tutor advises on methods most suitable for individual work. During the course the experience gained will lead students to explore their own preferred methods for creating images in screenprinting.
Students are clearly guided step-by-step in how to use the facilities in the workshop at Ink Spot Press. The majority of studio time is spent preparing stencils and working hands-on creating prints with specialist equipment. During the course it will be possible to create a number of different printed images. The tutor will tailor learning opportunities to each individuals interests within this diverse and versatile printmaking medium
Participants can expect to:
• Learn how to produce colourful interesting images from their own designs
• Experience many different, stencil making techniques such as paper stencil, photographic stencils and hand painted stencils.
• Understanding which stencil making techniques are suitable for different effects/textures/images
• Gain confidence in setting up the screen, using the squeegee and hands-on experience of the studio’s screen printing equipment
• Learn about the possibilities available through colour mixing, use of transparency and the overlaying of transparent or opaque layers.
• Learn how to register multiple colour layers to create your design.
All basic materials are included (inks etc.) in the course fee, except for large (over A3) digital printouts and fancy paper.
The course also prepares you to use the workshop afterwards on an open access basis.
Terms and conditions:
Bookings can be transferred or refunded only if we are given 10 days notice.
If not a fee of £30 will be taken.