Tuesday evening screenprinting classes
6.30 - 9.30pm. 10th. Nov. - 15th. Dec. £225.00
PLEASE NOTE: If you have a gift voucher and you want to use it to pay for the course it is essential that you contact the studio to confirm your place.
or call 01273 691496.
This course is suitable for both beginners and more experienced artists or designers who want to brush up on their skills.
Individuals are encouraged to explore their own ideas making use of various approaches from simple paper stencils, to computer based photo stencils. It is possible to work with photographic imagery, hard edged graphic designs, painted marks, drawn marks, scanned drawings, and more.
Students are clearly guided step-by-step in how to use the facilities in the workshop at the Ink Spot Press. Small numbers mean that there is plenty of opportunity to taylor the teaching to individual interests within this diverse and versatile printmaking area.
Participants can expect to:
• Learn how to produce colourful interesting images from their own designs
• Experience some different, stencil making techniques such as paper stencil, or photographic stencils.
• Begin to understand which stencil making techniques are suitable for different effects/textures/images
• Gain confidence in setting up the screen, using the squeegee and hands-on experience of the studio’s screen printing equipment.
• Learn about the possibilities available through colour mixing, use of transparency and the overlaying of transparent or opaque layers.
The course includes all materials and equipment except paper and prepares you to use the workshop afterwards on an open access basis. Although those new to screenprinting may want to join another course and develop their skills further
before working on their own.
We will be taking precautions to safeguard our customers and have made a few changes to help this happen:
• Classes are limited to 4 people.
• Tools and surfaces will be sanitised before and after use and each person will be
designated their own tools to use while they are in the workshop.
• Appropriate PPE, hand sanitiser, viral spray, hand wash etc. will be available for use
in the workshop.
• People should bring their own aprons/overalls, cups, snacks and lunch.
• If you have covid symptoms you should not attend and let us know.
All courses may be subject to change or cancellation according to government guidelines and refunds can be made for cancelled courses.
Should this be neccessary refunds or transfers will be given.